Instead of waiting for this to be “complete”, I am going to release it, and will keep adding to it.
Things you can do to reduce the presence of Google in your life:
- Up until now
- Going forward
- Follow this to stop Google from showing you targeted ads.
- Switching from Google Chrome (and chromium?) to Firefox
- Keep using Google Maps!
- Stop the location tracking, you won’t be able to fully turn it off though
- Other services
- Switch your domain management from Google domains to Namecheap
- Switch from Google keep to a note taking and syncing via syncthing system
- Switch your DNS server from Google’s to Dns.watch or OpenNIC